Terms and Conditions - competition:
- All participants must be 18+. UK residents only.
- All participants must have registered to attend SME XPO (25-26 May 2022, Olympia London) and have opted to participate in the post-event survey.
- The post-event survey will be emailed to all registered visitors within 48 hours of the event.
- The competition closes at 11.59pm on 2 June 2022.
- There are 5 prizes of a single adult return ticket on the Eurostar.
- Winners will be selected at random on 3 June 2022 by ESI Live (organisers of SME XPO).
- Winners will be notified by email no later than 11 June 2022.
- One online entry per person.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- Usual promotion rules apply, see www.standard.co.uk/rules.
For further information, please write to:
Evening Standard Limited
2 Derry Street
Promoter:ESI Live (part of the Evening Standard Ltd.
Terms & Conditions - ticket redemption:
Prize Competition Terms and Conditions – UK
1 - INTRODUCTION
Eurostar International Limited ("Eurostar"), a company incorporated in the UK under company number 02462001, with its registered office at 6th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG, United Kingdom, is organising, in the UK, a competition in partnership with SMEXPO taking place from [DATE] at [TIME] to [DATE] at [TIME] (the "Competition Period"), online (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition"), via its website.
2 - PARTICIPANTS
Participation in the Competition is free and there is no obligation to make a purchase.
This Competition is open to any adult residing in the UK, excluding staff of Eurostar, people involved in the Competition’s design and implementation and members of their family.
By taking part in the Competition, you declare that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in you being disqualified from the Competition.
Participation in the Competition is limited to one entry per person.
No entries will be accepted after the Competition Period has ended.
3 - HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Competition, you must:
- Complete the survey (sent by email within 48 hours of the event ending)
- Complete the various compulsory fields in the survey
- Tick "I accept the terms and conditions";
- Confirm entry by clicking on the relevant button.
Participation in the Competition may be refused if incomplete or incorrect information is provided.
4 - WINNERS
5 winners in total over the course of the Competition Period shall be drawn at random from those participants who have uploaded their entry correctly.
Eurostar may verify the identity of the winner(s) and the details provided by them before issuing the prizes.
5 - PRIZES
5.1 Detail of prizes
Each winner will receive a Eurostar ticket in Business to the direct Eurostar destination of their choice, subject to availability
In total,  prizes are available for a total estimated value of £2,450 GBP including VAT. This estimated value is given by way of a guide only and is subject to change.
The prizes are non-transferable, non-changeable and cannot be paid in cash or in kind.
Eurostar tickets are subject to availability. The winner should book as soon as possible to benefit from the prize on the selected date. As it is compulsory to select a return, the winner may not book an outward and return journey on separate dates.
This prize does not include travel insurance. After the winner has made a booking for a Eurostar journey, no change, exchange or reimbursement is possible.
The prizes do not include personal expenses such as meals or transfers, or anything not expressly stated to be included in these conditions.
Eurostar International Limited’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all journeys taken on Eurostar trains. The Conditions of Carriage can be found in all Eurostar sales outlets and on eurostar.com.
In the event of force majeure or in circumstances beyond the control of the Eurostar, Eurostar reserves the right to change these conditions and/or to replace the stated prize with a prize of the same value
5.2 Issue of prizes
Each winner shall be informed that they have won a prize by email or social media at the email address/social account provided in the registration form or upload process no later than 11th June 2022.
The winner must respond to this message within a period of 14 days following the date on which the email is sent for the prize to be claimed.
If the winner does not reply within the 14 days period, Eurostar reserves the right to award the prize to someone else.
Eurostar also reserves the right to draw an alternative winner if: (i) Eurostar has made reasonable efforts to contact the winner and contact cannot be made, (ii) the winner is ineligible to enter the Promotion, and/or (iii) the winner does not wish to accept the prize.
Eurostar is obliged to either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, Eurostar will send the surname and county of prize winners to anyone who writes to the address set out below, enclosing a self-addressed envelope:
Eurostar – Marketing Department
Eurostar International Limited
6th Floor, Kings Place
90 York Way
London N1 9AG
Any winners who object to any or all of their surname, county and winning entry being made available must inform Eurostar of such objection immediately upon being informed that they have won a prize. In such circumstances, Eurostar will still be obliged to provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority upon request.
6 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
By entering the Competition, you:
- declare that your entry is your own original work, that you own all rights in your entry and that you have obtained all necessary consents from any person represented in the entry;
- declare that your entry complies with the restrictions set out in paragraph 4 (Moderation);
- grant Eurostar a licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence, free of charge, your entry, the text accompanying your entry and your full name for internal and external publicity over a period of 12 months throughout the whole world. You hereby transfer to Eurostar all rights in such photos, videos and accompanying text, including intellectual property rights and the right for Eurostar to reproduce, adapt, represent and combine such photos, videos and/or accompanying text with other photos, videos and/or accompanying text;
- agree not to reproduce, modify or publish in whole or in part these conditions or pages of Eurostar’s website without the prior written permission of Eurostar.
- agree to hold Eurostar harmless against any legal action, claim, complaint or eviction whatsoever made by any third party stating that the photo(s) infringe their rights, as well as any damage or liability incurred in exercising rights over the photo. In the event of any legal action being taken against Eurostar for breach of any intellectual property right belonging to any third party and pertaining to your participation in the Competition, you shall be responsible for the defence of such action, at your own cost, and you shall pay all compensation which may be awarded to said third party.
7 - LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, Eurostar does not accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death arising in connection with this Competition other than where it is caused by Eurostar’s own negligence.
Eurostar shall not be liable for any technical defect, including defects of the Internet, anomalies, hardware or software faults of any nature (virus, bugs, etc.) occurring on your systems. Eurostar shall not be held liable for any consequences on your personal, professional or commercial activities.
Eurostar shall not be held liable for any delay or supply issues caused by strikes or problems with the postal service.
8 - PERSONAL DATA
You have a right of access, deletion and correction of your personal data. You may also object to the processing of your personal data. These rights can be exercised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Exercising any such right prior to the end of the Competition may result in your disqualification from the Competition.
If you object to any or all of your surname, county and, if applicable, winning entry being published or made available, please contact Eurostar at the address set out in paragraph 5.2 above. In such circumstances, Eurostar must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
9 - GENERAL
Eurostar reserves the right to cancel, curtail or extend the Competition at any time or to vary these conditions.
Eurostar may disqualify a participant from the Competition if it believes that the participant has committed a breach of these conditions, or in the event of any fraud or attempt at cheating by any participant such as the creation of a false identity allowing for multiple entries.
Any queries or complaints should be submitted via the Eurostar Help Centre.
The Promotion is governed by English law.